LOST Store: Shirts, hats, stickers, buttons, and more!


Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Season 6 Live Post-Episode Podcasts

NOTE: As of May 4, 2010, I've reached my donation goal! Thanks to everyone who made a contribution. You can still donate if you wish, but I no longer need any more donations to pay for getting LOST on my TV.  Thanks again!

Many of you are probably aware of the DTV transition that took place in the U.S. on June 12, 2009. This was shortly after Season 5 of LOST ended. Although I have a television with a built-in digital tuner, I've been unable to get ABC on my TV.  No matter what antennas I try or how I position them, I can't get any signal from the only station I want—the one that shows LOST!  This, of course, is a major problem for someone who hosts a live podcast about every episode right after they air on TV.

This week I ordered the basic broadcast channels through my local cable television company, the cheapest plan that gives me access to ABC.  However, "cheapest" doesn't exactly mean cheap.  I don't currently have any companies sponsoring the blog or podcast, so blogging and podcasting about LOST is a (very time-consuming) hobby, not a side job.  It's hard for me to justify spending much money on a hobby when I already spend hours upon hours of my time each week blogging and podcasting about it.

I'm not going to require anyone to pay for this podcast.  That would be ridiculous; LOST fanaticism is a hobby for all of you as well, and if I demanded payments you'd stop listening to my show and instead listen to another of the dozens of other LOST podcasts out there.  So, no paid subscription is required.  However, if you enjoy participating in my live shows, or if you simply enjoy listening to the podcast and would like it to continue in the same format, I would greatly appreciate a donation of whatever amount you can afford to help cover the costs of me getting ABC for the next 4 months.  You will find PayPal donation buttons at the top of this page (if you don't have a PayPal account, you can alternatively donate via credit card through PayPal's secure site).

Oh, and if you're new here, I record my podcast live on TalkShoe right after each new episode of LOST airs in the Pacific time zone.  If you miss a live show, subscribe to the podcast (iTunes, RSS) to listen to the episode after I've had a chance to edit it.  And of course stay tuned to this blog for my very detailed show notes and commentaries.

Thanks to all of you fellow LOST fanatics for supporting this blog and podcast!  I appreciate your support and look forward to discussing and theorizing about LOST with you this final season.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home