LIVE Discussion of Spoilers for "The Man Behind the Curtain"
[Listen to this episode!] [Subscribe to the MP3 feed via iTunes]
Sorry for posting the spoilers kind of late this week. Following are a few notes from the second half of this week's podcast: the spoiler section. Please be aware that this entire post may contain spoilers.
- From the preview for next week's episode:
- Jack says "I think we've got some catching up to do," apparently speaking to the other survivors on the beach, as they appear to be looking at him wondering why he seems to have turned his back on them for an Other
- John Locke is carrying his dead father over his shoulder, throws down the corpse in front of Ben, and demands, "You tell me everything I want to know about the island," followed by "Why don't you start at the beginning?"
- There are lots of brief flashes (for screen caps, see Dark UFO's site)
- The episode will be Ben-centric and we'll find out about his parents
- We'll also learn quite a bit about the Dharma Initiative, and Dr. Marvin Candle will be back
- We'll find out more about "Roger Workman," whose last name is actually Linus (the same as Ben's—which means they're probably related)
- The Volkswagen busses will be seen in the flashback
- The DeGroots might be back (although they're not listed in the credits as guest characters)
- We'll also learn more about Jacob, and perhaps his true identity (although, again, there isn't an actor credited as "Jacob"—maybe this is to keep us from knowing what he looks like, or perhaps even because Jacob is actually someone we know already)
- The official ABC synopsis is "Ben begrudgingly begins to introduce Locke to the secrets of the island, beginning with the mysterious Jacob. Meanwhile, Juliet's secret goes public" and the guest stars include "M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, Carrie Preston as Emily, Doug Hutchison as Horace, Samantha Mathis as Olivia and Madeline Carroll as Annie"
- Additional spoilers from SpoilerFix were also discussed during the podcast
- Due to getting this post up late, there isn't sufficient time to type up everything that was discussed in the spoiler section of the podcast in detail